OKCHOG State Virtual General Assembly | 2020
Below are the videos that are part of this years OKCHOG Virtual General Assembly! Please take some time to watch these videos and if you have any questions please contact our state leadership by using the contact page from OKCHOG.ORG!
Annual Meeting of the Oklahoma Assembly of the Church of God – September 2020
This year, everyone is having to find new ways to do things, and OKCHOG is no different. The Ministries Council wants to carry out the necessary business and functions of state ministry, but in the safest and most responsible way possible. We also do not want to add to the already heavy burden that local church leaders are carrying during these unprecedented times. With all of this in mind and with much prayer, I would like to share with you the plan for this year’s Annual Assembly Meeting.
Due to the risk of bringing individuals together from counties with different levels of COVID-19 activity, we will not hold an in-person meeting this year. We know that the logistics of hosting a virtual meeting present some very unique obstacles in planning and making attendance possible for everyone across the state. For these reasons we are trying something new and a little different.
We believe the plan/schedule that is outlined below will allow for all of the voting members of the Oklahoma Assembly to receive the necessary information, seek clarity, and affirm the Ministries Council’s work toward the coming year with the leading of the Spirit.
Here are some things you can expect to receive and when you can expect to receive them.
Informational Video: A prerecorded video will be available Friday, September 18th, on okchog.org. This video will highlight some of the ways God is working around the state as well as deliver information about items of business for the Assembly. (ei. proposed budget, church list, leadership ratification, etc.)
Live Q&A: On Saturday, September 19th @ 10:00a OKCHOG will host a live question and answer session via zoom. This will allow assembly members to ask questions of the Executive Council for clarification on any items.
Virtual Ballot: Assembly members will receive an email containing a link to a virtual ballot that we will use to collect votes for the various items of business.
Important things to note:
- Assembly members will receive an email on Wednesday, September 16th with additional information and necessary links.
- Congregational delegate information must be updated with the state office no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, September 14th. To update delegates click here.
- Contact information for all assembly members must also be updated with the state office no later than Monday, September 14th. To update contact information click here.
- The virtual ballot will be open until 11:59 pm on Saturday, September 19th.
- Voting through the virtual ballot is anonymous and final. Once you fill out the survey, your vote cannot be recalled and you will not be able to vote again.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Even in these crazy times, it has been an honor to serve God and his church in Oklahoma this past year. If you have any questions please reach out. We want this process to be as smooth as possible, and we hope it can be a source of celebration as we work together to fill Oklahoma with the love of Jesus!